Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Well, that free anti-virus program I was having trouble with … has been fixed. I uninstalled the AVG Free 2011® program, and then re-installed a slightly newer version. That worked. I recommend it; it is free and has protected my computers for several years. Just this morning it blocked access to my personal PC from a social networking site. It screens all my e-mail, so that is a beneficial side benefit.

I’ve printed off the first five chapters of Sooley Base©, and am now working my way back through the markups I made, correcting grammar, syntax, and estate taxes also. Couldn’t resist that; remember it is my nickel, and there are so few followers that I can write about anything and no one (almost no one) will read or care. So, I work my way back through the markups, which in this case have included excerpts from Wikipedia and other Internet information sites. Their stories never really match with what I’m trying to write, so I have to highlight their slant and re-write to fit my storyline.

There is another bit of novel engineering going on. In many large scale projects engineers use something called PERT, Program (or Project) Evaluation and Review Techniques as a tool to lay out and manage a major program. I found out the US Navy (Go Navy, Beat Army!) used PERT methods to organize the program to design and build its nuclear submarines, so obviously the concept has great merit. Microsoft® actually incorporates a very similar concept in its Project® software, so Bill Gates gets his two cents out of this. To get back to how this impacts writing Sooley Base©, I need to give a set of parallel views to how the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KOSA) perhaps used similar techniques for the construction and activation of the As Sulayyil missile base. PERT is very likely the approach they used, as well as perhaps the technique the IDF and Mossad would use in deciding whether the base was near operational status, and whether it posed a threat. Of course, one has to ask whether the IDF and Mossad did their analysis properly and with all the relevant facts. As readers you have to wait and find that out … don’t you?

You may have noticed that I inserted the special characters for Registered Trademark ® and Copyright © in the paragraphs above. I have previously copyrighted my work, and have previously just incorporated a notation to that effect in the various versions within the File Properties pages. I guess as I get nearer to that huge advance and movie deal for the third book I should include the Copyright © symbol also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment