Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

BLOG POST 240



Tessera Trilogy Blog Post 240

The working draft of The Next One now stands at 150 pages reviewed. This equates to a word count of 63,400. This point in time marks the end of my reading my segments at peer review groups to expose the novel for critique, suggestions, laughter, tears – the whole enchilada.

A cover also has to be generated. Wish me luck that my idea works.

Now begins a lengthy final editing review. I need to arrive at a final, production ready copy before contacting CreateSpace.com. Then the process involves sending a PDF file which the website puts into a resized “proof” copy based on the desired paperback size I select.

Then I need to review each single page, each case of capitalization, indentation, the proper use of font size. I’ll probably order a printed, author copy to review in hand. If things go as before, there will be issues that will require another round of resizing, border corrections. Must be why I have several, different proof copies of Kashan Kashmeeri.

Consider the dilemma I face – Should I use the writers name/pseudonym I came up with, Bernard Peckingham, rather than my own name – for the series of novels I have in the works. The series, Murder and Mayhem, will be detective thriller novels set locally. Is there an advantage associated with a writer’s name?  

Let me know. Thanks loyal readers.

                                    *********************************************
BAM 09 October 2017 critique comments
BAM member –
1.      Good addition - thanks
2.      Numerous editorial changes – agree, working
3.      Improve troubling interactions as George hugs Bai, she holding a pistol – agree, working
4.      Improve odd hugging over a dead body – agree, working
5.      Clarify team’s use of animal remains to fake Adnan’s remains – agree, working
6.      Clarify what happened with Drake before he re-entered the story – agree, working
7.      Ending was OK – thanks (then suggested having George and Bai revisit their first meeting)

BAM member –
1.      Improve wording of consultants getting on ATVs – agree, working
2.      Not OK with the ending, make Bai and George relationship central – agree, working
3.      Questioned that a coroner would throw up – agree, working
4.      Minor editorial change – agree, working
5.      Correct POV issues – agree, working
6.      Clarify source of mariachi music – agree, working
7.      Questioned who Drake was – he was identified before as journalist who followed Bai and Maria to desert, bringing fireworks
8.      Clarified what happened to Mafia – earlier segment told of George finessing the East and West LA mobs into a turf war

BAM member –
1.       Yeah, good addition and ending – thanks
2.       Minor editorial change – agree, working

No comments:

Post a Comment