Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Blog Post 126

Tessera Trilogy Blog post 126

 Several weeks ago, as a volunteer at the local Central Rappahannock Regional Library (CRRL) I offered to provide free eBook copies of the first two novels, Golden Gate and Sooley Base, of my Tessera Trilogy. The library did not accept my offer, because their eBooks are provided by

I made a point of investigating CRRL support for local writers groups and local authors. While the library has a book listing local authors that source is over two decades old. I discovered that of the total book holdings of the library less than .005 percent are by local authors and of that number over 34 percent are reference sources used in the very room (Local History and Genealogy) I volunteered in. 

The writers group of which I am a member, alas, could not be included in the calendar of the library branch where we’ve been meeting for years. While CRRL Events Calendars do cover quilting, Teen art, local art galleries, potters, blogs and art history, only one branch does much of anything with local writers group. There is no written policy, or conscious action by CRRL management to identify writers groups in the area, nor local authors, and authors writing eBooks seem frozen out. Weighing all this evidence I resigned my volunteer position because CRRL does not support either writers groups or local authors.

I have since been on a campaign to identify and pursue avenues by which I can offer my eBooks to the Third Party Vendors who supply CRRL. These are the Library of Virginia, FReading, Overdrive, and EBSCO. I am currently pursuing a deal with each of these vendors to offer my first two novels, free of charge, to Virginia Public libraries. Additionally I am pursuing through Enki, a California Public Library organization the same offer – my first two books free of charge to California Public Libraries.


It may strike you, as it has me,strange that I am unable to GIVE my novels free of charge to public libraries. I await the results of my offers, in the hope that books … rather than quilting, Teen art, local art paintings, pottery will rise to the level of acceptance by institutions serving the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment