Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Blog Post 108

Tessera Trilogy blog post 108

Even as I read I noted some necessary changes, and have incorporated those. The effort goes onward, if slowly. Word count now stands at 89 K and page count at 184 (down from 190), but these will vary as the draft moves towards final form.

Chapters require renumbered and resized and in many cases will be re-titled.  Roughly two- third of the pages are in final draft form.

Thanks to two agreeable fans who agreed to provide assistance with the cover of Sooley Base.

On other front in the war with words, DP Tolan has been otherwise distracted, putting together characters, a timeline and story for a novel beyond the Tessera Trilogy, even beyond TNO, which follows the trilogy.

Why I write …

Well, I always have, making endless ‘to do’ lists, writing journals to records high, and low, points of travels, and shared genealogy records. You can’t really do those things and not write, or be an engineer in the Navy and not draft numerous messages, meeting briefs, et cetera.  Beside the technical slant from Navy days, I acquired along the way a style which didn’t match up with novels. So as a member of the RWG I found my style needed changes, big changes. But I continued to write, and improve.

My favorite authors include Tom Clancy, James Patterson, and Michael and Jeff Shaara.  That tells you I like a mix of technical, historical adventure.  So with those greats as inspiration, I have a way to go to find my eventual style.


Oh, and I also write because I want to share what the voices tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment