Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Blog entry 44

Well, at last, to the cheers of my thousands of fans … an update for the blog.

First of all, I PASSED my rough-in electrical inspection. I was really sweating it, but alas, had nothing to really worry about. The next inspection is the FINAL, in which all work must be complete. That will take awhile; let me splain.

We ordered a new 60 inch double vanity. It arrived at Lowe’s and due to its size we took it home unopened. It sat in the garage for several days, then we opened the shipping container and my son and I took it gingerly upstairs. There it sat for a couple more days, only its back in view – this so I could mark off  the holes needed for plumbing connections. Then, after the holes were drilled, the son and I moved it into the bathroom and finagled it into place. He looked at it and remarked that its color didn’t match the tall linen storage cabinet also installed. That night my wife got really excited – the vanity’s color was not the only thing which didn’t match. It was the wrong style entirely – but was now installed.

Well, the long and short of the story is that we and Lowe’s ordered the correct style and color. The manufacturer screwed up. A new replacement vanity will be shipped next week, at which point I’ll need to replace the currently installed vanity with the (hopefully) correct one.

Oh, along with that there has been a family reunion up in Maine, land of the Lobstah. And believe it or not, you can get theyah from hereah! We were amongst over forty cousins of all shapes, sizes, and ages. The Lobstah was delicioso! Then we took a short family vacation to Quebec. It was one long week of fun and food. Quebec, especially the Old City, is strongly recommended.

Among Quebec’s many surprises were street performers of all types, which kept us entertained and amused. Real Berthiaume was among these, an accomplished musician using crystal stemware. I believe my wife took a video of him. See -  http://www.montrealix.com/real/anglais.htm , also Andy Giroux  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onJ0HJt39wI The sequence of Andy’s walk in Montreal was not something I’m familiar with, but his antics, style, and grasp of the audience in Quebec was tangible. He was continually shouting “People” was his way of getting your attention. Sorry, but these were the only performers' names I captured. It was as though each night we got to see the best performers of Quebec for a donation. GREAT!!!

Also of course, is the necessary Journal which “has to be completed” on our vacation. Together we filled the memory cards on all three cell phones and two cameras. There are over 1500 photos to put in a semblance of order, by day, and annotated with all the exciting things we saw, heard, experienced, or ate. Naturally this takes precedence over mere novel writing and becoming rich and famous. I expect this will set the novels back two weeks. I may not make Black Friday, or even New Years!

Oh, since there was this Family reunion up in Lobstah land (where I grew up, so I can poke fun at the strange words), I found a need to identify second cousins who didn’t make (or even know of) the reunion. So that is reawakening my emailing of family trees hither and yon. Again a delay in publishing.

And … I’ll be a part of a Riverside writers’ Group panel discussing blogging in early October – again a delay in writing.

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment