Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Friday I did my volunteer bit, and was able to work on Sooley Base for a few hours – in between customers. Put my assorted notes into the huge, new draft that has the newest timeline. I need to incorporate the separate chapter segments … then cut it into sequential parts again, more manageable ones for me to edit in WORD.

Also received some helpful inputs from a friend who is reviewing all of Golden Gate ©. His inputs have been very useful in editing word usage, punctuation and word choices in a few spots. I came up with the final few paragraphs of Sooley Base ©, and think I’ll work on first part of that novel, and give it to him. Hopefully he can determine if it passes the reader part … flow, successful connection to the end of Golden Gate ©, and editorial needs.

Have modified the way the various organizations, agencies, countries, and military units are described. They are now grouped individually by their particular calling, in a timeline reflective of their actions, analyses, and responses to the other characters. The glossary is progressing slowly, and the plan is to place it at the end of Sooley Base ©. Pointers from the actions within one group, military unit, et cetera will be inserted. These will identify the need to insert clues, hints, lead-ins that tie the separate groups together in the developing overall timeline.

 Good news, for me – I’ve finished consolidating all the segments into four sequential components. They cover what are estimated as Chapters 1 – 10; 11 – 20, 21 – 30, and 31 thru 40. Now the really hard work of constructing believable characters and a good floow to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment