Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blog Post 101

Tessera Trilogy Blog entry 101

Sooley Base word count as of 10 April – 98K, and page count 205. I have now conceded that Sooley Base won’t make it to publication until the end of May (or June, July, even August) … writers block, combined with numerous shiny objects around the yard are distracting me.

The pond has emerged with three frogs and at least one of the two goldfish who spent the winter there … all alive and well. Perhaps more surprising were the plants, there last summer, have now reappeared. The only winterization taken was to place two old window screens over the pond, to keep leaves out.

Seen in the ground as the soil has been turned are innumerable holes, and a few specimens, of the coming cicada blight … after a rest of seventeen years in the ground. The previous blight so many years ago was met with a badminton racquet. Time will tell (once the ground temperature reaches 64 degrees) whether I can surpass the record of 119 in a day.

I have discovered that the ink cartridges advertised as giving 3.5 times the number of copies appear to actually deliver on that promise. I’ve been regularly printing copies of various segments so I can walk through them making editing notations as to flow, lack of relevance, or chronological corrections needed.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment