Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blog Post 59

Revised GG word count 11/09/2011 – (chpt 29/30 count to 4804) = 94884

Revised GG word count 11/09/2011 – (chpt 31 count to 2766) =94,906

Well here is part of the rest of the story. On the first of November I fell off a ladder while doing maintenance in my garage attic. The ladder slipped out from beneath me as I started to descend. My right heel suffered a minor fracture as it hit one of the ladder rungs and the side rail. The rung and side rail are severely distorted, and I will need to eventually cut off the top to make the ladder reusable.

The event has dramatically altered my life. I hobble around on crutches and sleep on the couch so I can keep my feet elevated – to reduce swelling. My right foot is in a removable cast. My writing has become more concentrated as I can’t do much else. This is both a blessing and a curse as Monk would say on his TV show. I may now finish before Christmas so hope is there. Getting around is quite another thing. Wish me luck. I’ll keep you informed as I hobble along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment