Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blog entry 85


I’m back at home, after about two weeks giving a huge number of docs and nurses some memorable learning experiences. Glad that it is over – I can still hear the docs laughing in the hall outside my room.

It necessarily interrupted any writing, but was an experience. I can even say I was researching medical protocols for my second and fourth novels. One doc I intend to put in one of the books said – “make me taller.” I’ll humor him, as he plans to buy my first book, as he just bought a Nook.

I can say I didn’t go into the light, but only just barely. I went to see my PCM for an appt for numerous bad symptoms; she’s a general practice doc. I literally collapsed in her office, with vitals going in alarming directions as I turned blue, shivered and collapsed. They carted me off to the ER, and somehow decided I was worth saving. I wish I had a video of my collapse in her office; it would go viral on You Tube. Did I just say that? I must be feeling better. I can’t wait to see how she treats me the next time I go to see her. She’ll probably have a flak jacket on and refer me to counseling. Feeling better, looking forward to life, more away of what goes on in hospitals.

Perhaps the experience will let me save one of my main characters. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment