Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The date is Saturday, 08 January 2011, and it’s morning at the American Family Fitness (AFF) center in Spotsylvania; I'm struggling to stay interested in getting in shape. Well, to be precise or accurate, I am in shape, just NOT the shape I’d like to be in. It was pizza night last night, and I had a beer with four big slices. Lots of carbs and extra calories.

Sometimes AFF becomes a real drag! The time we spend here expands to fill the evening; today it was an hour and a half. I finish my abbreviated routing in forty minutes or so … so I sit and put together my thoughts on novels, life, and genealogy for the rest of the time, taking notes on the backs of flyers at the AFF desk. These expanded AFF periods end up screwing with timing of dinners, or weekend mornings.  

I even had time to conjure, out of thin air, a rough idea of a cover for Sooley Base ©. It would incorporate a background with Arabia’s red sands; I scanned and copied the draft to files, as its 22 meg size precludes use on the Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment